This is national poetry month and I'm going to try and write a poem every day (Writing the Life Poetic Challenge). Like thousands of others, I'll be responding to various prompts to try and improve my skills as a writer and, well, to hopefully have some fun! I'd love your thoughts, so feel free to let me know what you think!
Today's prompt is: Write about something that scares you.
Water
There's something about bodies of water
that gives me goosebumps.
So deep and dark and cold;
you never really know what's in there.
But, there is something in there, ya know,
and it's huge and fast and slithering around.
It has a mouthful of crooked teeth
and scales and claws and thick, meaty legs.
Of course it has a long tail and weird eyes,
and it probably has some tentacles.
And the problem is that it's out to get me
and I don't think that's fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment